Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, February 16, 2015

Letter from Home - Sunday, February 8th, 2015

Dear Vickie,

I just found out that we have more relatives that are from New Jersey. Phillip Packer was born in Pensaucken, Camden, New Jersey. It's in the Southern part of the state. His father, Phillip, died in Burlington, Burlington, New Jersey.

Well, on to the news. I have three students that I teach. A viola student on Monday, Henry takes voice lessons on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. In return he massages my back and legs. Boy, does he find sore spots. I didn't realize I was so sore!!! Melanie is taking piano on Friday. That's in addition to my orchestra classes on Tuesday and Thursday morning and afternoon. So that's fun.

Today I went to church. But I left before the end because of my cough. At least I got to take the sacrament. Kaylee sang in church today and did an awesome job! Jacob and Shay and family returned from Arizona last night and said it was the best vacation they've ever had. Shayla hated to leave--yet another thing we have in common. Today they brought my van back and we exchanged our cars back. I'm so glad to get my van back. Jacob really liked the van, though! I made a pie today. Now that you're gone, I have to keep up the baking! Not as good as you are.

Yesterday I tried to play at Symphony. I had a band-aide on my finger to kind of give it some cushion. After about 20 minutes while playing on my thin E string, I gave up. It was hurting too bad. It was red and puffy. Next week I'll bring a cotton ball and a larger band-aide. After Symphony I went over to Bart Robbins and rehearsed for playing at the Care Center--which we did today.

Friday, Dad and I went to eat at Johnny Carino's. Then we went to the movies and saw Big Hero 6. It was a really good movie.

Thursday night I went to Melanie's for a Tupperware party. I haven't been to one of those for decades. I had fun and bought some stuff that I needed. I hope we don't go broke. haha

Wednesday and Tuesday I didn't do much except regular stuff.

Monday was Groundhog Day and we watched that movie for FHE. That was fun.

Dad's still doing extra rehearsals for the Tab Choir getting ready for the big choral convention coming up. He's been working hard at his job trying to get reports done and fixing computer programing and such. He was a perfect host today and stayed downstairs and visited with Jake and Shayla instead of going upstairs to take a nap. I was proud of him.

Wilford got a new job as a telephone tech. He starts in a couple of weeks while he winds down at his job at Smith's. The new job is full-time--which is what he wanted. He has to go to Magna every day now--well, starting in a couple weeks.

Henry has been keeping up in school. He is really busy with church callings. He was gone most of the day today. Yesterday he was gone all afternoon at a girl's birthday party.

Trevor is doing well in American School. He got his first exam back on Saturday and got 97%. Yesterday he had Michael Peterson and Mah-mood here playing computer games.

David and Beth are getting their things together in preparation to pack. Marci is so cute. She also has discovered the joy of laying on the floor and rolling around. She "talks". Of course, we can't understand what she is saying. But she makes talking noises. She still loves to get into the garbage. She has more teeth. Don't ask me how many.

Well, I guess that's all the news. I hope your first investigator, Brian, is doing well in his search for truth. Also, I'm so excited for the baptism of Oscar Guerrero and hope the rest of the family will desire baptism. Also, I was so happy to hear the surprise that Hno. Ojeda was already a member. Did Hna. Ojeda accept to be baptized? I hope so. I am praying for them to feel the Spirit and desire to belong to Christ's church.

I'm so proud of you and your service in your mission. I read your blessing today and felt so happy that you can be spreading the joy that you have in your heart and that shows on your face. I feel so blessed to have you as my daughter. I have choice children. Thank you for your testimony. I love you and hope you have a wonderful week.

BTW, I guess your house is still standing after the two winter storms blew through. LOL We are having unseasonably warm weather here.

Te amo muchisimo, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment