Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, January 26, 2015

Letter from Hermana Bentley - January 26th, 2015

Wow. Apparently there is a huge snow storm coming in tonight and we might be grounded from our cars. But. That's beside the point.

Yesterday was my first day at church and it was all in Spanish. So I caught a few phrases that people said, but all in all I really didn't know what people were saying. And that was weird. I got to play the piano for Relief Society though! Using my talents for the Lord! Whoo! Two of our recent converts got the Aaronic Priesthood!! One is a young man named Oscar, and his father is the one who has a date for baptism. And his dad came to church so that was super exciting! So did his sister! During Sacrament meeting I sat by another recent convert named Tino. He has so much faith, and he really knows the importance of the gospel. He was in intense pain because of his back (he's getting surgery for it), but he really wanted to get to church. He can't read, so either his girlfriend has to read to him or we do. The other recent convert, Angel (ahn-hel), also received the priesthood yesterday. So happy for those two! Now both their houses have the priesthood there!

We need to get more investigators, so we will do lessons, but we will strive to focus a little more on finding people. I still have a hard time talking to people, so I just need to get up my faith courage and do the Lord's work! The Lord always makes a way for His children!

I love you all and hope that your week will be warmer than mine:P I love the Lord and the way that He has set up His gospel. He loves us, and He sent us here in families so that we could learn and grow in a loving atmosphere! I am so grateful for our family and I am so stoked for eternity with you cuz it's gonna be a blast!! Don't forget the Lord, nor the blessings He has given you and me:) Love ya'll!!

Let's go help some people!!

Love, Hermana Bentley

PS Sorry no pictures, I seriously forgot my camera!!

No comments:

Post a Comment