Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, April 20, 2015

Monday, April 20th, 2015 - Letter from HOME

Dear Vickie,
I can hardly wait to hear where you were transferred to. I know you're not supposed to end with a preposition, but I'm not perfect, you know! lol Friday I was the recipient of a root canal at the dentist. My eye tooth on the right side was totally dead. I asked the dentist if it could have anything to do with the fact that my right eye was leaking all the time. He said that it very well could. So at the end he was going to give me a prescription for pain medicine. I told him I already had Henry's. He gave me a prescription for anti-biotics. Since my eye was involved--and it had been for months--I decided to take them.

Saturday, I was in such pain--but not from my tooth. My hip and leg were really acting up. So I didn't go to Symphony. I was supposed to go to a double bridal shower (Daisha Chavez and Kortnee Whitehead) but I stayed home. There was a stake ice cream social that night, but once again, I really didn't feel well enough to go.

Sunday, I went to church. My leg and hip felt a little better. But I was soooo tired. Dad said it was because of getting the root canal. Sandra and Craig Peterson spoke. Their talks were amazing; but I had a hard time keeping my eyes open. Same thing in the other meetings--great lessons, but I was extremely sleepy.

We had our Monster Concert with the elementary school orchestras on Wednesday night. It's a lot of work, but well worth the effort. The kids love playing in such a big group. There are hundreds of little instrumentalists playing.

Tuesday night we had a recital for my one and only student--besides Henry. It was cute.

Monday Aunt Malinda and I traveled home from Arizona where we had Grandfather's 85th birthday parties. The adults, Uncle Ty and Aunt Malinda, Uncle Roy and Aunt Jeanne, Me, Grandfather and Alba, Chelsea, Megan and Bonny and Geller went out Friday night, we met at a park on Saturday with all the grandkids and great-grandkids--all who could make it. It was so fun seeing everyone. We missed those who couldn't come. Sunday was Grandfather's actual birthday. Alba fixed an amazingly beautiful spaghetti dinner. Robert and family, and Steven came. Henry was with me on the trip so he was there too. Of course, Aunt Malinda was there since we came home together. We had such a great weekend. The trip home went so quickly because Aunt Malinda and I just talked our way home. It was better than having a movie or book on CD!

Well, I'd better get this off to you. I love you and hope you have a great week. You are always in our prayers. Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment