Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, April 27, 2015

Sunday, April 26, 2015 - Letter from HOME

Dear Vickie, We have had a lot of rain the past few days. I'm so thankful for our winter without snow, and I dared to thank Heavenly Father for the mild winter and beautiful weather. Now we are having a lot of rain, and I thank Heavenly Father for sending the rain so that we can have water throughout the summer. He certainly is a merciful God. However, I feel so bad for the huge earthquake in Napal. The last death count I read was just under 2000. So much grief, and I wonder when it is our turn for the great earthquake that we are preparing for.

I'm very grateful for your service on your mission. You are a light to those around you. I glean that light through your emails. We need to recognize our strength and build upon it. Start where we are. Rely on the Lord. We can't get there on our own. We need intelligence and strength and realize we need the Lord to get where we'd like to be.

Let's see what happened this week. Monday we had family night. It's so strange to have such a few amount of people in attendance. Tuesday was a busy day for me. One of my Orchestras had an assembly concert and an evening concert. The Principal got up at the end and said that she closed her eyes and it sounded not like an elementary school orchestra--but much better. My students were so excited to hear that. I'm so proud of my students because they have worked so hard by practicing and coming to rehearsals.

Wednesday was Aurella's first birthday. We went to Todd's sister's house and celebrated. She is such a big girl.

Thursday was the first rehearsal for stake choir for conference that will be happening the end of May. So I'm playing the piano. We're singing a special arrangement of the hymn, High On A Mountain Top. The theme of the conference will be the Restoration.

Friday night we went out with Jake and Shayla to Chili's. Then we came back and played Spades (I think that is the name of the game.) It was pretty fun. Henry, Trevor and Wilford watched the kids. Marie and Todd brought Aurella over. Aurella was so quiet until her parents came home. Then she was the loudest baby I've ever heard. I think she is laughing. Anyway, I loved watching her and visiting with Jake and Shay and Marie and Todd. When Abrielle came she just talked and talked and went on and on. She just had so much to tell me. She sure is a loving girl. I saw her today and loved giving her big hugs!

Saturday we had the big dress rehearsal for our Symphony concert for next Saturday. Saturday evening we had International Soup Night at the Ward House. I made Manhatten Clam Chowder. It's not really International, but I figured because you can see the Manhatten skyline from your window, it would work. It was pretty spicy, but it was good. I won the award of having the prettiest soup. lol

Today was regular church day. The speakers were a new couple in the ward. Dad taught the Priesthood lesson. We had the yearly "camp" meeting after the block of meetings. We're still waiting to find out how much we need to pay for the boys. It's stacking up to be a pretty busy summer. The boys have camp and youth conference and EFY, and Henry will be getting a job and getting his mission papers in, and Dad has the Tab Choir tour. BTW, he's going to New York. But I will be surprised if you get to see each other. If you do get to see each other, I'm going to wish I had made the sacrifice and gone on the tour!

Dad got a calling in the Tab Choir. He's now one of the Tenor Librarians. They had retirements last Sunday and some of Dad's good friends retired from the Choir. It's getting more emotional for him as his time gets closer. Still he has 5-6 years left.

Well, I guess that's all. My testimony of Jesus Christ is burning brightly. I know he lives and because of his qualities of Godhood, he is very intimately aware of each of us and our desires. We can become works of art that God chisels. You know I love you very much! I look forward to your letter tomorrow morning or so.

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment