Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Letter from Home - Monday, March 2nd, 2015

Dear Vickie, I'm writing this in sunny Arizona. Well, it's not sunny today. It's rainy and snowy up North. I'm still going to try to travel through Flagstaff, though. Maybe. This week... I got my visiting teaching done. I practiced with Tonya for her solo in church. I will be playing the violin solo that goes with her vocal solo. I can't remember the name of the piece. But I've played it before when Marie sang it in her ward. It's about the Savior. The violin part is very difficult, so I hope I can play it with band-aids on my fingers. Oh yeah, I cut my fourth finger on my left hand while using that chopper. It just nicked it, but it hurts a lot and impedes my violin playing. But I can play with cotton balls and band-aides. Funny, huh? Beth and David and Marci left on Wednesday. It was really hard for me that day and I cried and sat around. I finally just got up and started getting things done. I still miss them and hope that everything goes well for them in Texas. They have news, but I'll let them tell you. They went to Mesa/Phoenix first to see everybody. Marie and Todd went also. It sounds like they all had a great time, except David got sick and was throwing up. Beth was already being naceous (however you spell that word.). But that has to do with her news for you. I think David has sympathy pains for Beth a lot. He MUST love her. LOL I'm still waiting to hear how Marci fared on the trip and Bella, the cat. Thursday I had a meeting for my calling on the Stake Activities Committee. We are planning an ice cream party and dance in the 50's style. Planning for 250 is a lot different than planning for 10. haha Friday Dad and I went out for lunch because he's been having this big choir convention/performances all this week. We went to Golden Corral. I definitely love lunch more than dinner at that restaurant! Then we came back home and watched Chariots of Fire on the TV. I don't remember the movie being so slow-moving. But it sure was. But Dad and I had fun sitting together and watching it. Saturday the Symphony had auditions for the solo and ensemble concert coming up. Right afterwards Trevor and Steven and I left for Wickenburg. We got Steven to his place about 10:00 pm. Then Trevor and I made it to Robert's just after midnight. Robert's house has been the place for company lately. Beth and David stayed there and Marie and Todd visited. So I slept on their comfy couch and Trevor slept on the blow-up mattress that David and Beth had slept on previously. We went to church with them in the morning. Then Trevor and I headed over to Grandfather and Alba's. They were at church, but we sat in the car and enjoyed the smell of orange blossoms. It occurred to me that this was a blessing from Heavenly Father. I have tried to be in Mesa during orange blossom season every year. Finally, I get that blessing. It was so peaceful, and that is my favorite smell! They got home at 4:30 and Robert and Bridget and Steven came and we ate a yummy dinner that Alba had prepared. It was like Cafe Rio. She made her own salad bowls out of tortillas that she baked in bowl molds. We had fun visiting afterwards. Then Robert and fam and Steven all left to go home. Dad and Alba and I stayed up way past my bedtime. There was just so much to talk about. We finally got to bed about 11:00. I was going to leave at 6:00 this morning. But I needed my brakes checked because they were acting funny. They're good. Not unsafe, just annoying. So now I just wanted to make sure I got this email written to you, and now we are going to brave the roads up North. Other family news: Wilford is enjoying his new job. But he definitely wants to buy a car. Commute time is two hours a day. It cuts into his free time. Henry took a date to Dad's Tab concert on Saturday night. He's planning how to ask his friend girl to Prom. We got his packet for language and he's working on it. He had a interview to begin his papers for his mission! Yeah!!! Robert's interviewing for a better Chiro job. We are praying for him. I love you so much. We are praying for Ingres, Martha and Oscar. I hope Oscar was able to be baptized, and I hope wedding plans are moving along well for Ingres. Also, I hope Martha's testimony is increasing and that she has the desire to be baptized soon. Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment