Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, March 23, 2015

Letter from Hermana Bentley - Monday, March 23, 2015

This week we got juked a lot. But we also had a wedding of one of our less actives, which will make it possible for her to become active again! Next step? Coming to church, haha. The food was awesome, except I accidently dished myself some cow stomache. yuck. No me gusta. My companion started to talk to this guy who randomly decided to walk into the church, and it turns out this person was the ward mission leader for one of the elders from Utah. Small world. Also, somehow I made a deal with him that the next time I met him if I didn't remember his name, I would get a bucket of ice water dumped over my head. How do I keep on doing this? Oh well. His name is Jasiel. Ha-see-el. Whoop.

I forgot to mention, the Saturday before that, an awesome member named Pepe took my companion and I out to lunch at a Peruvian restaurant. I ALMOST DIED!!!!! I love the food there, but he made us get two PERUVIAN SIZED meals. My body hated me for a good two hours. And then I died. But then I had to come back to life because then we had another cita with another member who was having a hard time. We met her at a pizza place, and she fed us pizza. I felt a little bad, I couldn't finish the one slice she gave me. Oof.

We keep on meeting with Martha, and she is probably our investigator that is SOOO ready for baptism, but she is having a hard time receiving her "answer". I love her so much, and I feel like she knows this church is true, and she wants to join it, but she wants to be sure. She told us she wants to have a testimony like ours. So we talked to her about how the Spirit works, and how we need to have faith, and that we don't need to know everything. We read some of the Book of Mormon with her and she's really interested in it. Finally we were talking about her praying to know. She always prays to Heavenly Father saying, "Please show me the way that you want me to go." but we keep trying to help her know that it's best to directly ask God if the Book of Mormon is true. We actually knelt down with her to pray to know. My heart broke as she prayed. She plead with Heavenly Father, and told Him to let her know if the Book of Mormon was true. She waited. She wasn't recognizing anything and so she started to cry and plead with Him to let her know what we were saying is true. When she closed in Christ's name we comforted her, and Sister Steven's said something that I didn't understand, but it seemed to help Martha. Later, after the lesson (it went 2 and a half hours!) my companion let me know that Martha wants a dream or vision of some kind, and so we'll have to help her realize that the still small voice is what she needs to learn to recognize. In an earlier lesson this week, we asked her some inspired questions. She believes that we are representatives of Christ. I don't have much more time, but I have such a huge testimony of the Spirit of God and how He is always waiting there to help us, but we must humble ourselves, and ask for Heavenly Father's help. In Jesus' name, amen.

I love you all, have a fantastic week! Love, Hermana Bentley

No comments:

Post a Comment